Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Saved!

Oh I'm a happy girl right now. Happy indeed!

So I didn't update on my PHFR-On the home front post, but the family has decided to go ahead and have dinner at our house and I'm so thankful! See, to me this is what I live for. I live for family. I live for giving my children a nice home and raising them to understand and carry out family traditions. I never ever want Thanksgiving to be "old fashioned" or the image of family gathering around a big table ready to carve a turkey be something "that people used to do" kind of like how I view the jitterbug. 


So I'm in full getting-ready-for-the-party mode and today was our pie making day! Six pies! I went to my friend Lauren's house and we combined our efforts and produced 2 apple, 2 pecan, and 2 pumpkin pies. Homemade crust people. Homemade crust. 


Holidays are about so much more than just a simple dinner. It's the preparation and anticipation and all of the memories you make along the way. It's having children experience all of this too so that hopefully they'll go on and do this for their own families some day. That is my deepest wish. 





Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment